New Business and Startups
Thinking of owning your own business? S.Wight & Company LLC can help!
Opening your own business is exciting and thrilling. It's everything that comes after the excitement and thrills have work off that dictates whether a small business will make it or not. It's up to you to maintain and stretch out the "thrill and excitement" period forever.
A methodical plan of action is needed to fulfill your dreams and goals of being your own boss and running a successful business. Success lies in the approach you choose to take. We help you avoid the common pitfalls that many new small business owners make when starting their new venture.
We help you....
- Prepare and initial business plan to clarify your marketing, management and financial plans
- Determine your startup capital needs
- Identity sources of startup capital
- Evaluate and quantify your borrowing power so you know how much money you may be able to get, if needed.
- Select a business structure that best fits your needs by evaluating tax advantages, legal exposure, ease of operation and portability should you need to relocate
- Select the right accounting software by evaluating your budget needs and equipment
- Prepare a Cash Flow Budget so you know exactly how much money you need to keep the business alive each month for the first few years....Unplanned cash requirements are always emotional and painful
- Establish billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow
- Establish procedures to monitor and control costs
- Setup home office so you can maximize your tax deductions
- Prepare and file all required State and local licenses and permits
- Prepare and file your application for Federal Employer Identificiation Number and State Registrations
- Setup payroll and payroll tax filing when you bring on your first employee
- Comply with employment laws so you don't get hit with fines and unhappy employees
- Identify your business insurance needs
Contact S.Wight & Company, LLC today 203-626-1383